– If you are tired of ‘asking around‘ for the Route-Hints™ while driving or while being driven, or,
– If you do not want to be wrongly driven by the genuine people with ingenuine direction sense, or,
– Do not have access to the internet (No laptop/ No GPRS), or
– There’s no-one to call/ ask for the hints?
What do you do?
Whenever you are in the middle of the road and need Route-Hints™/ the total distance between the two locations/ the approx. Auto-Fare. All you need to do is to send:
rg source-location to destination-location (to 56767)
e.g. I sent a message “rg hyatt to shankar road” to 56767 and received a message response within 30 seconds to my surprise. Wow! what better than this, it will surely take me more time than this to roll-down my car window and ask for the hints.
1. Route-Hints™ i.e. the major roads, landmarks, Points of Interests to follow while I’m driving towards the destination.
2. Distance of each of these landmarks from the start of the journey. Therefore, the distance after the last landmark tells the total distance between the source and destination.
3. Left-Right Information i.e. where to take Right or where to take Left. Great! This information is very precise and helped me reach my destination with immense comfort.
4. Auto-Fare – Finding the approximate auto-fare was simply a charm. Now I don’t really need to depend on the mercy of the Auto-Drivers and pay them more than the approximate money.
This also helped me track, where the Auto-Driver was taking me as I kept cross-checking the major landmarks which were falling on the way.
Awesome! Very very useful service. Isn’t it?
For more details, tutorial and explanation on how to use this service effectively, please visit RouteGuru online.
Should you have any feedback, suggestions, advices. Feel free to drop in a mail to me or simply leave a comment on this blog. Be assured to hear from us (Of course, even if it is a complement 🙂 )
Till then, enjoy driving with RouteGuru!